These cupcakes are so moist and delicious. You have to make these!!!!
For the Cake:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup coconut oil, cooled to room temperature
1 1/2 cups raw sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Coconut Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons princess extract
Let’s get these in the oven and in your belly
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place cupcake holders on parchment paper covered cookie sheets. You could also make a cake vs. cupcakes.
2. In a large bowl, wnisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beat until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt and mix until combined.
4. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the zucchini, coconut, and chocolate chips. Your batter will be thick do not be alarmed by this.
5. Bake the cupcake for 25-30 minutes, until the top springs back lightly when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cupcake from oven and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. I allowed mine to cool overnight.
6. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the princess frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and mix until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the coconut and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
Frost the cooled cupcakes however you choose. Since it’s New Year’s Even I chose swirl and flower wilton tips. Sprinkle decorations over the top of the cupcakes. EAT,EAT,EAT!